1) Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Anna Wilson T/A Pilates Centre (the data controller), whose registered office is at: Unit 2 The Seapoint Building, 44-45 Clontarf Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3, Ireland.
2) What Personal Information about our clients does Pilates Centre gather?
The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience at Pilates Centre. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods.
We also sometimes collect the following information:
- Sensitive information
The term "sensitive information" in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the www.pilatescentre.ie website or contact us by telephone, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, email and mobile phone number, sometimes also details of injuries or medical issues which will be relevant to us when booking your appropriate class.
We use CCTV in the reception of our studio for security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our studio please contact us.
3) What do we do with personal information collected from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any services that you request from us including, for example, to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments and other transactions;
- to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders;
- to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- to send you newsletters and promotions (with your permission) via email;
- to process your job application if you apply for employment at Pilates Centre;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A copy of our cookies policy is available here.
5) Does Pilates Centre share the Information it receives?
Third Party Service Providers: We use other companies to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples including our booking system (MindBody), payment processors (PaySafe) and email marketing (Mail Chimp). Third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website, and recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit.
MindBody – You can learn more about MindBody and GDPR here.
6) How Secure is Information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7) What about Links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website, and recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit.
8) What Choices do I have?
You can always choose not to provide information. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other promotional communications from us, do not ‘opt in’. You can contact email@example.com you wish to be removed from any of our mailing lists.
9) What Rights do I have in relation to my Personal Information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information but this will mean you cannot book classes. The Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We keep your data for the minimum period required by law or our regulators for 7 years after your last visit. After this time we will delete your data. If you would like to access your personal information contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Pilates Centre, Unit 2 The Seapoint Building, 44-45 Clontarf Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3.
10) Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Pilates Centre, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Updated 21st May 2018