Classical Teacher Training
Our Classical Teacher Training will guide you towards becoming an intuitive, highly knowledgeable Pilates instructor with the full Pilates repertoire at your disposal.
Pilates Centre is committed to passing on the tradition of Classical Pilates by offering teacher training that honours the integrity of the method developed by Joseph Pilates. We can very easily trace the lineage of what we teach back to Joseph Pilates: Pilates → Romana Kryzanowska → The Taylor Sisters (Amy and Rachel) → Us. On the training programme you will attend workshops and complete an in studio apprenticeship, learning how to become a skilled and confident teacher of the Pilates repertoire, meaning this programme is so much more than merely learning the movements.
Is Pilates Centre Classical Teacher Training for me?
The journey towards becoming a really great Pilates teacher is challenging and demands commitment and dedication. Saying that, it is so fun and rewarding to delve so deeply into the method as it was passed down from Joseph Pilates.
Why Choose Pilates Centre Classical Teacher Training?
- You will learn all of the Classical repertoire
- You'll receive detailed manuals of the repertoire
- You'll have access to the best equipped Pilates studio in Ireland for your practice
- You'll have continued mentorship throughout the year
- All workshops are delivered in the studio and are also available online throughout the year for reference
- We'll guide you towards becoming your own teacher with your own teaching style
What does the course involve?
The Advanced Comprehensive Diploma requires 600 hours of workshops and apprenticeship to be completed within 10-12 months. The Intermediate Certificate requires 450 hours to be completed within 6 months.
- Teaching Seminars
- Assessment Meetings
- Case Studies
- A passing grade of 85% or higher in all written Exams
- Completion of a reading list
The workshops will be delivered over 9 days on 5 separate weekends. Teaching seminars, assessment meetings and trainee classes will be scheduled monthly at prearranged times.
What will I learn?
- Pilates history and lineage
- The full Classical Pilates repertoire for all levels on all apparatus
- Pre-Pilates and fundamentals
- Safety while teaching and in the studio
- Teaching Skills