Studio protocols, as advised by the HSE guidelines, for attending classes.
We are doing our best to keep everyone safe in the studio, but it will require a TEAM effort so please read this ENTIRE document before returning to class.
- All bookings/payments/cancellations are done from your personal Pilates Centre account, with all classes and private lessons paid in advance online. If you haven’t downloaded the Pilates Centre booking app yet (the Pilates Centre one, not MindBody) we advise you to do this as it’s super easy to do everything on there.
- We suggest booking in at the level you were at before we closed. All classes will focus on getting a good basic foundation back, but we’ll teach this to you at the level of Pilates knowledge you have. Everyone will be encouraged to work at their own pace in all levels – there’ll be no race to the best ‘Teaser’!
- Please do ‘late-cancel’ your class if you can’t make it at late notice so we know who’s coming. We’ve such reduced capacity we’d love to be able to offer that space to someone on the waitlist.
- If you have any account or booking enquiries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may not respond immediately due to reduced reception hours, but we will always respond.
- We ask that no one comes to the studio without an appointment. We can’t take any ‘walk-in’ enquiries currently.
- At this time we request that you do not yet join classes if you are considered ‘high risk’ for Covid-19. If your doctor gives you the greenlight to attend the studio, perhaps show them our protocols to be sure, and then follow all of the guidelines your doctor recommends to keep yourself safe.
- All in-studio group classes are now the same price due to the limited capacity.
- Group classes are still 50 minutes long but will have a 25 minute break in between to allow for cleaning and a socially distanced exit and entry.
- Studio Matwork classes will now utilise all of the studio apparatus before and after your flowing Matwork series to get the best results from your Matwork class!
- We will continue with an online Matwork class schedule. From the 20th of July the price of these will be €10 each with only 15 spaces available in each online class.
- Private lessons will now be 45 minutes instead of 50 to allow time for cleaning and socially distanced arrivals. We will have a new door installed next week that will give you direct access to the hallway from the private room if you’re using it.
Coming to class:
- Please self-monitor for Covid-19 and DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO if you are showing any symptoms. Please familiarise yourself with the signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please sanitise your hands at the entrance to the studio (we will provide it).
- There will be signage and floor markings guiding you on how to keep your social distance in the reception area.
- We look forward to the days when we can hang out in reception for chats again. For now though we request that everyone keeps things moving when arriving for class, and again when leaving, taking any personal conversations or phonecalls after class outside.
- Please arrive early for class, but no earlier than 10 minutes. If you’re 10 minutes early we request you spend those 10 minutes in the studio in your place ready for class, not sitting in the reception area.
- Please come to the studio dressed for class. Only bring necessary essentials to the studio, leaving personal belongings at home, or in your car, as much as possible.
- Please bring CLEAN socks (ideally with ‘grippy’ soles) to change into for your class. If you will do your class in bare feet, please ensure your feet are squeaky clean.
- If you’ll use a locker all of your belongings must fit inside your own bag – including your shoes – so we advise bringing a plastic bag to place your shoes inside should you need to put them in a locker.
- Bring your own water as the filtered water can’t be used to refill bottles at this time.
- It is advised, but not compulsory, to wear a face covering as you arrive at the studio until you are in your class place. Then you can take off your mask and leave it near you in a CLEAN bag to use again when you are leaving. The WHO state that they do not recommend wearing masks when exercising but this, again, is your choice.
- The studio will be kept well ventilated by keeping doors and windows open where possible. Our HVAC system has HEPA filters installed so it complies with the advised room ventilation, even if the windows and doors were shut.
- Group classes will be spread across the space of our 2 group studios to allow for social distancing.
- You’ll choose your own designated equipment space as usual and not share any equipment throughout class.
- Our cotton foot loops will have vinyl covers that can be easily cleaned and sanitised.
- Your teacher will not be wearing a face covering as they will keep a 2 meter distance from you and will avoid hands on instruction as much as possible. Should they feel it’s necessary to come and assist or spot you they will put on their mask to do so.
- After class you will use sanitising wipes to fully clean down any equipment you used.
If you used a locker you’ll take a wipe with you to reception to clean it when you’re finished with it.
Last updated: 23/6/20