In the Pilates Gym YOU TAKE OWNERSHIP of your Pilates workout! Head to your allocated equipment when you turn up and do your own workout. A teacher will supervise you and your fellow exercisers, offering any necessary feedback or cues specific to your body.
We will supply class sequence lists to help you get familiar with your exercise order and set-up, and for you to keep track of your progress.
• You may only work on equipment you are familiar with and know how to use safely.
• You must take care of our equipment when using it and cleaning it – NO BUTTONS OR ZIPPERS ON CLOTHES ALLOWED (yes, even those tiny zippers at your bum!).
• You must work out at a level appropriate to you and NOT try anything totally new or super advanced on your own. ‘If in doubt, leave it out.’ It’s always better to be cautious and keep yourself safe.
• Recorded exercise videos may be allowed in some circumstances, but this permission is at the discretion of your teacher and the studio. If you'll be exercising to a video, you must wear wireless earphones.
• Remember: you’re in charge of your workout here and need a good understanding of your equipment set-up and exercise order. Everyone in the gym will be doing their own workouts to their chosen level and pace on their chosen equipment. The teacher is there to give guidance and suggestions to you as you work out, not to guide everyone together or teach every exercise.
Who can join?
You have completed at least 5 classes at the Beyond Basics level and are proficient at the Pilates Centre Basics exercises.
You have completed a MINIMUM of 30 lessons at Pilates Centre (at any level).
You have been attending private lessons at Pilates Centre and your teacher has cleared you to do your workout alone.
You're new to Pilates Centre but are a qualified Pilates teacher (trained in all of the repertoire on all of the Pilates equipment) and can take care of yourself and our equipment.
You're new to Pilates Centre but are training to be a Pilates teacher comprehensively (all repertoire on all equipment) and have at least 50 trainee practice hours under your belt and understand how to take care of yourself and use the equipment safely.
The Pilates gym is unfortunately not open to new clients to the studio. However, you may book private lessons to be taught the method and how to work towards joining the Pilates gym once you're familiar with everything.