Studio protocols for attending classes during Covid restrictions.
We are doing our best to keep everyone safe in the studio, but it will require a TEAM effort, so please read this ENTIRE page before returning to class.
It's currently mandated by the government that all class participants must have a Covid Vaccine Pass so we will need to scan your pass on arrival. Hopefully this won't be required for too long. We go to every effort to make the studio a safe space for everyone to enjoy Pilates and hope that EVERYONE will be back enjoying our safe space again ASAP.
- We ask that no one comes to the studio without an appointment. We currently can’t take any ‘walk-in’ enquiries.
- All bookings/payments/cancellations must be done from your personal Pilates Centre account, with all classes and private lessons paid in advance online. If you haven’t downloaded the Pilates Centre booking app yet (the Pilates Centre one, not the MindBody one), we advise you to do this as it’s super easy to do everything on there.
- If you have any account or booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
- Group classes are 45 minutes to allow for cleaning and a socially distanced exit and entry from the studio.
- We will continue with an online Mat class schedule.
- Private lessons are 45 minutes.
Coming to class
- Please self-monitor for Covid-19 and DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO if you are showing any symptoms.
- Please familiarise yourself with the signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please sanitise your hands at the entrance to the studio (we will provide it).
- Please keep your social distance in the reception area.
- We look forward to the days when we can hang out in reception for chats again. For now though, we request that everyone keeps things moving when arriving for class, and again when leaving, taking any personal conversations or phonecalls after class outside.
- Please arrive early for class, but no earlier than 5 minutes. If you are early and the previous class have not yet left, please wait outside the studio, not in the reception area, until they have left.
- Please come to the studio dressed for class. Only bring necessary essentials to the studio, leaving personal belongings at home or in your car as much as possible.
- Please bring CLEAN socks (ideally with ‘grippy’ soles) to change into for your class. If you will do your class in bare feet, we ask that you sanitise your feet – we have sanitising wipes you can use to do this if needed.
- If you’ll use a locker, all of your belongings must fit inside, including your shoes. Please use your equipment cleaning cloth to clean your locker after use.
- We ask you to wear a face covering as you arrive at the studio until you are in your class place. Then you can take off your mask should you choose to while exercising.
- The studio will be kept well-ventilated by keeping doors and windows open where possible. Our HVAC system has HEPA filters installed so it complies with the advised room ventilation, even if the windows and doors are shut.
- Each group class will either have 2 pods or be socially distant and we keep a record of exactly where each participant is for contact tracing purposes.
- You’ll have your own designated equipment as usual and won't share any equipment throughout class.
- Your teacher will be wearing a face covering and they will keep their distance from you and will avoid hands-on instruction as much as possible (for safety some may be necessary).
- After class, you will fully clean down any equipment you used.
What Covid precautions we are taking to keep you safe
- A professional cleaning company cleans the studio every morning.
- There are multiple sanitising stations throughout the studio.
- All teachers wear face coverings.
- We stagger entry/exit to ensure there's no crowding in the reception area at any time.
- We ‘fog’ the studio with Zoono sanitiser to keep bacteria at bay at all times.
- We have fresh air circulating from our windows, doors and regularly serviced HVAC units (with HEPA filters).
- All bookings are pre-scheduled.
- Via our booking system, we know who is in the studio at all times. We also know when and where they were exercising for easy contact tracing should it be necessary.
Last updated: 26/10/21