Studio protocols for attending classes during Covid restrictions.
We are doing our best to keep everyone safe in the studio, but it will require a TEAM effort, so please read this ENTIRE document before returning to class.
- We ask that no one comes to the studio without an appointment. We currently can’t take any ‘walk-in’ enquiries.
- At this time, we request that you do not yet join classes if you are considered ‘high risk’ for Covid-19 and have not been vaccinated. If your doctor gives you the green light to attend the studio, please follow all of the guidelines your doctor recommends to keep yourself safe.
- All bookings/payments/cancellations must be done from your personal Pilates Centre account, with all classes and private lessons paid in advance online. If you haven’t downloaded the Pilates Centre booking app yet (the Pilates Centre one, not the MindBody one), we advise you to do this as it’s super easy to do everything on there.
- If you haven’t been to the studio in a while, or are new to the studio, we recommend booking a Basic level class if you are injury free and able to go from standing to sitting on the floor to standing easily and pain-free. If not, we recommend starting with private lessons.
- Please do ‘late-cancel’ your class if you can’t make it at short notice so we know who’s coming. We have reduced capacity due to Covid restrictions and we’d love to be able to offer that space to someone on the waitlist.
- If you have any account or booking enquiries, please email email@example.com. Please note that we may not respond immediately due to reduced reception hours, but we will always respond. We are currently not taking voicemail enquiries.
- We now only sell 'studio passes' for in-studio group classes. All classes can be booked with these passes (including Studio Mat classes).
- Group classes are 45 minutes to allow for cleaning and a socially distanced exit and entry from the studio.
- Studio Matwork classes may now utilise all of the studio apparatus before and after your flowing Matwork series to get the best results from your Matwork class.
- We will continue with an online Matwork class schedule.
- Private lessons will now be 45 minutes.
Coming to class
- Please self-monitor for Covid-19 and DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO if you are showing any symptoms.
- Please familiarise yourself with the signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please do not come to class if it’s advised you are at a high risk of infection.
- Please sanitise your hands at the entrance to the studio (we will provide it).
- Please keep your social distance in the reception area.
- We look forward to the days when we can hang out in reception for chats again. For now though, we request that everyone keeps things moving when arriving for class, and again when leaving, taking any personal conversations or phonecalls after class outside.
- Please arrive early for class, but no earlier than 5 minutes. If you are early and the previous class have not yet left, please wait outside the studio, not in the reception area, until they have left.
- Please come to the studio dressed for class. Only bring necessary essentials to the studio, leaving personal belongings at home or in your car as much as possible.
- Please bring CLEAN socks (ideally with ‘grippy’ soles) to change into for your class. If you will do your class in bare feet, we ask that you sanitise your feet – we have sanitising wipes you can use to do this if needed.
- If you’ll use a locker, all of your belongings must fit inside – including your shoes and coat – so we advise bringing a plastic bag to place your shoes in in your locker, or for your coat if it rains. You’ll need to use a sanitising wipe to clean your locker after use.
- We ask you to wear a face covering as you arrive at the studio until you are in your class place. Then you can take off your mask and leave it near you in a CLEAN ziplock bag to use again when you are leaving.
- The studio will be kept well-ventilated by keeping doors and windows open where possible. Our HVAC system has HEPA filters installed so it complies with the advised room ventilation, even if the windows and doors are shut.
- A single group class will be spread across the space of our 2 group studios to allow for social distancing. When we have more than 5 in class, you will be in 2 separate ‘pods’, so please ask your teacher which room you’ll be in before taking your place in the studio.
- You’ll have your own designated equipment as usual and won't share any equipment throughout class.
- Your teacher will be wearing a face covering and they will keep a 2-metre distance from you and will avoid hands-on instruction as much as possible.
- After class, you will fully clean down any equipment you used.
What Covid precautions we are taking to keep you safe
- A professional cleaning company cleans the studio every morning, 7 days a week.
- There are multiple sanitising stations throughout the studio.
- We all wear face coverings.
- Everyone keeps a 2-metre distance in the studio.
- We ‘fog’ the studio with ‘Zoono’ sanitiser to keep bacteria at bay at all times.
- We have fresh air circulating from our windows, doors and regularly serviced HVAC units (with HEPA filters).
- All bookings are pre-scheduled, so there’s always plenty of space for everyone.
- Via our booking system, we know who is in the studio at all times. We also know when and where they were exercising for easy contact tracing should it be necessary.
Last updated: 3/4/21